The Audubon Elementary School PTA has voted to endorse and support Measure T, which will be on the November 3rd ballot. A group of parents at our school (and every school in the district) have formed a Measure T Campaign Committee where volunteers will help spread the word in our community.
Ways to get involved:
- phone banking
- sending emails
- requesting a lawn sign
Please feel free to reach out for more info. We are looking for several Audubon parents to help phone bank on Monday, September 28 from 6-8 PM (Audubon's dedicated phone banking day).
What is Measure T?
Measure T makes the critical upgrades San Mateo and Foster City schools need to provide safe, modern learning environments for all students. Our schools have served us well, but some schools now decades old and require essential repairs so they can provide a high-quality, 21st-century education to local students for decades to come.
Vote YES on T:
• Upgrade classrooms for science, technology, engineering, math, art, and music
• Modernize science labs to support hands-on, 21st-century instruction
• Provide student computers and classroom technology, as well as WiFi in
underserved areas, to support distance learning and ensure all students can access
• Repair deteriorating bathrooms, plumbing, sewer, electrical, heating, and cooling
• Install and upgrade air conditioning and ventilation systems
• Upgrade schools to meet current earthquake, fire, health, and safety standards
Local Funds for San Mateo and Foster City Schools
• All Measure T funds stay local to benefit both San Mateo and Foster City schools
• No funds can be taken away by the State or used for administrators’ salaries
• Independent citizens’ oversight and audits are required
How does Measure T impact Audubon directly?
Audubon is an old school with many facilities upgrades necessary.
- Improved WiFi for the campus
- HVAC upgrades
- Two (2) new portable classrooms for special student activities
- Noise reduction implements for the classrooms (which are not closed off from each other)
- Filtered water bottle filling stations for students
- Electrical upgrades for the campus
- New flooring in classrooms (carpet & linoleum)
- New Chrome books
- Plumbing upgrades, including warm water in the student bathroom sinks
See the chart below for specific upgrades for Audubon and the other Foster City schools.
YOU Can Help Pass Measure T!
Ad paid for by Committee for Strong San Mateo and Foster City Schools, Yes on T, FPPC# P
WE NEED YOUR HELP IN GETTING THE WORD OUT TO SUPPORT MEASURE T!
Vote YES on T for San Mateo and Foster City Elementary and Middle Schools.