The Writing Notebook
14th Annual 4th & 5th Grade Audubon Writing Notebook
All interested fourth and fifth grade students are encouraged to submit pieces of fictional writing, narratives or memoirs for inclusion in the Notebook. the writing can be something the students have done in class or at home, though please remember this is a student project and all submissions should be written by the students.
Here are some guidelines for the submission:
- Each piece should be between 300 to 700 words.
- Each submission should be typed on a Google Doc using the following font: Times New Roman, size 12, single-spaced, no additional formatting.
- Each student needs to share their work with Ms. Thompson at firstname.lastname@example.org and Mrs. Tesarowski at email@example.com. See either teacher if you need computer support.
- Fictional writing is highly encouraged. Narratives and memoirs are also accepted.
- We are unable to publish poetry, nonfiction or writing that includes violence.
Submissions are due January 31, 2019, and the Notebook will be published in June.
We think this is a great opportunity for fourth and fifth grade Audubon students to demonstrate their writing ability and creativity, and we look forward to sharing the fourteenth Fourth and Fifth Grade Audubon Writing Notebook with the community.
Thank you in advance for your support.
5th Grade Teachers
Year in Review Snapshot
Successful students make successful schools— which make thriving communities. Everyone benefits when you support students!