Scripps National Spelling Bee
SCRIPPS NATIONAL SPELLING BEE 2020-2021
Registered families will receive wordlists and other details from the Spelling Bee Committee after registration closes.
Wednesday, November 18, 2020
Finalists will move forward to School Bee.
Wednesday, December 16, 2019
Junior Spelling Bee 2:00-3:00pm
Senior Spelling Bee 3:00-5:00pm
School Champion will be decided from the Senior Bee.
All Audubon Elementary School students from 1st through 5th grade are eligible.
Students in 1st & 2nd grade will compete in the Junior Spelling Bee.
Students in 3rd, 4th, and 5th grades will compete in the Senior Spelling Bee.
Description of Event
Students MUST register online.
Registered students will participate in a grade-level preliminary round
Finalists from the preliminary rounds will compete in the School Bees.
The winner of the Senior Bee will be declared the School-Level Spelling Bee Champion.
The School Champion will represent Audubon at the County Level.
The deadline for registration is
6:00pm, Friday, October 30th, 2020.
Grade-level word study lists will be distributed to the registered students
AFTER registration is closed on Wednesday, October 28th, 2020.
Contest structure & rules will be emailed to parents prior to Preliminary Rounds.
- This year the event is going online.
- This is a first for all of us - at the school as well as for Scripps.
- There will be special requirements and arrangements - both from Scripps and the school - to ensure the online version of this beloved event goes smoothly.
- Please bear with us as we navigate through the new set of rules.
- Times and dates may vary based on Scripps guidelines. If they do change, we will notify families.
We are excited to continue our Spelling Bee tradition at Audubon and look forward to your continued support.
Spelling Bee Committee Chair
Year in Review Snapshot
Successful students make successful schools— which make thriving communities. Everyone benefits when you support students!