The Writing Notebook
13th Annual 4th & 5th Grade Audubon Literary Magazine
Dear Fourth and Fifth Grade Students and Families,
Something very exciting is again happening at Audubon this year – the thirteenth annual 4th & 5th Grade Audubon Literary Magazine. All interested fourth and fifth grade students are encouraged to submit a narrative or a memoir for inclusion in the magazine. The writing can be something the students have done in class or at home, though please remember this is a student project and all submissions should be written by the students.
Here are some guidelines for the submissions:
- Each piece should be between 300 and 700 words. It is very important that no submission be less than 300 words.
- We will not publish any writing that contains violence.
- Every submission should be typed.
- Each student needs to submit two copies of their story. One needs to be emailed to Ms. Thompson at firstname.lastname@example.org and one hard copy needs to be submitted to Ms. Thompson or Mrs. Tesarowski.
- We will not accept poetry or nonfiction.
Submissions are due January 31, 2018, and the magazine will be published near the end of the school year. We think this is a great opportunity for fourth and fifth grade Audubon students to demonstrate their writing ability and creativity, and we look forward to sharing the thirteenth Fourth and Fifth Grade Audubon Literary Magazine with the community.
Thank you in advance for your support.