The Writing Notebook
Dear Fourth and Fifth Grade Families,
Something very exciting is again happening at Audubon this year – the sixteenth annual 4th & 5th Grade Audubon Literary Magazine. All interested fourth and fifth grade students are encouraged to submit a narrative or a memoir for inclusion in the magazine. The writing can be something the students have done in class or at home, though please remember this is a student project and all submissions should be written by the students.
Here are some guidelines for the submissions:
- Each piece should be between 300 and 700 words. It is very important that no submission be less than 300 words.
- We will not publish any writing that contains violence.
- Every submission should be typed.
- Each student needs to email one copy of their story to Ms Thompson at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will not accept any poetry.
We will accept submissions until January 31, 2022, and the magazine will be published near the end of the school year. We think this is a great opportunity for fourth and fifth grade Audubon students to demonstrate their writing ability and creativity, and we look forward to sharing the sixteenth Fourth and Fifth Grade Audubon Literary Magazine with the community.
Thank you in advance for your support.
5th Grade Teacher